Pages

Friday, June 4, 2010

This weeks projects...

Everyday I fall more and more in love with sewing. I took a long hiatus from it, but I'm back and loving it! I remember in kinder garden learning to sew for the first time. My mother handed me this small rectangular piece of pink fabric and folded it in half. I hand sewed around three edges, and then it happened...she turned it inside out. I thought she had just preformed magic before my very eyes. I couldn't believe that I had sewn something that looked so good. I then started making little purses. I recall giving one to my teacher that year. Ms. Smith, she loved it. Thanks for teaching me how to sew mom. Does anyone else think 5 is a little too young to play with needles or is it just this paranoid first time mom?
So this week I've been busy trying a few sewing projects.
I started out with some "Boo Boo Bags". Luke is learning to walk and we have hardwood floors. You put the 2 together and you get lots of boo-boos. I find that traditional ice packs are just too cold to hold even on my bumps and bruises, and he definitely isn't letting me hold some frozen gel pack up to his head. So I came across these and gave it a try. I like the little red cross one myself, just has the first aid feel.

I then took on the Swiffer makeover. I have the swiffer vac and love it, but with 2 dogs that shed I go through the disposable pads like crazy. I also have the Swiffer duster and enjoy it as well, but again, same problem. Lucky me came across this blog with tutorials solving all my swiffer problems. Both work very well. Just ask my "Granny".  I made her two of the Swiffer sweeper covers, and she thinks they are the greatest thing ever.
Also pictured below is a potholder. It was my first time blind stitching a border (bias tape) on anything and I was so proud to get it done, even though I had a few issues on the corners. I'm sure my 2nd potholder will be much better.
What have you done this week?

1 comment:

  1. Cute - I love your sewing projects. I enjoy sewing but I make hair accessories which I love more!
    I'm having a giveaway for followers too with some of my items - come and see!
    Have fun,
    Love
    Aimee

    ReplyDelete