Pages

Monday, June 7, 2010

Lucky streak

So we all know that I love to yard sale, go to flea markets, antique malls and such.  I wanted to share some too cute things I've snagged over the past few weeks.  You won't believe the prices!!!


Mushroom Cookie Jar $1
Hiding the package of C.hips Ahoy chewy chocolate chip cookies that my son growls for, that's right I said growls for, when he sees.

Yellow (my most favorite color...right now) couch in mint condition.  Now sitting in my sewing room. $80


Sunbeam Chrome Mixer $10 
Oh, how I have been wanting a mixer, but not wanting to shell out $200 for a new one.  I went to an estate sale this past Friday and this beauty was sitting there with 2 glass bowls.  The picture really does not give it justice, it looks brand new.


Mushroom Crewel Embroidery Picture $2

My husband Dave isn't quite as smitten with vintage decor as I , so to compromise I painted the frame a coordinating color, hopefully to make it appear more "modern".  It worked, Dave approves.


Owl Necklace $.50

I took a back road and came across this small church having a yard sale.  They were starting to close up and I saw this sitting on the table...yes please, thank you.  And last but certainly not least my beloved Olivetti Lettera 32.


There is a thrift store close to my house that has an amazing customer rewards program.  Every $5 you spend you get one of  your ten spaces marked on your card.  So when your card is full (you've spent $50) you get 65% off of your next purchase.  I had a full card, and they had this marked for $2.50, drum roll please......I got this vintage typewriter for $.88.

So like I said in the earlier post, I feel I've been pretty lucky with these finds.  Actually...I live in an area where most do not appreciate vintage decor or clothing, so that helps a lot. 

Anyone else out there still yard sale?  What was your favorite find?

No comments:

Post a Comment